Sunday 17 August 2014

A little something extra

I haven't posted for a while, but been longing to start another project, then came along an opportunity. I came across the British Gas Blog they are running a competition (The British Gas history of the home) where by you can photograph and discuss a favourite nostalgic item within your home. I had to think long and hard about it, I mean I'm quite a young, I haven't been fortunate to accumulate old items from family or sales from boot sales (not through lack of trying). But then I realised, Nostalgic doesn't have to mean really old, just something that holds memories. So I decided to enter my memory book, remember that, i brought it up at the beginning of the blog, if not, here is a little recap. My grandmother and great-grandmother, both suffered with Alizehimers during their last years, and the females in our family have been advised we have a greater chance of also developing it later in life, for this reason I started making a memory book, rather then words I use photos, they start from when i was born, to school days, my children's birth, graduating, holidays etc.. all the things i want to remember and also pass on to my children and in turn their children. I hope in the same way as in the film "the Notebook" it can hold me in a state that i can still function with people. If not my family with being able to see what I achieved. So for me this is my favourite Nostalgic item, not just for now but also for the future...


No comments:

Post a Comment